Most people use social media. In 2019, 87% of people over the age of 12 said they used social media such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, discussion forums, and weblogs during the three months prior to the survey. .. Five years ago it was 74%. Almost everyone in the 12-55-year-old group uses social media (over 95%). Last year’s social media usage was 89% for ages 55-65 and 76% for ages 65-75. In 2014, it was 64% and 40%, respectively. On average, we spend more than 1.5 hours a day on social media.
Why Social Media?
Social media is a collective term for online platforms that enable user interaction. There are many of these platforms. The most famous players in the Netherlands are Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, and TikTok.
The social media channel provides car companies with excellent marketing tools for contacting (potential) customers. Therefore, social media is used for all kinds of purposes. Think about it:
– Brand awareness, image and reputation enhancement
– Digital networking like LinkedIn
– Establish a contact
– Increased number of leads and sales
– Create added value compared to competitors
– Increased website traffic. Social media allows users to click to access a website
– Place ads on social media to raise awareness. Advertising enables targeting and retargeting. Targeting directs ads to consumers who are interested in them. Retargeting leaves a cookie on the visitor’s computer. Based on this, you can proceed in a targeted way. In addition to Google Ads, some social media channels also offer retargeting options.
– Improved SEO ranking. Social media can’t directly influence SEO rankings, but it can influence the factors that influence rankings. Social media can drive traffic to your website.
Social media marketing uses social media channels strategically to achieve your marketing goals. That is, your target audience needs to receive the right messages at the right time through the right channels. But which social media channels are of interest to the automotive industry?
And Start Now
The use of social media by car companies is important for raising awareness. In addition to sharing information, social “selling” is evolving, also when you get in trouble on the road, there is a 24 hour roadside assistance london. Larger channels offer more possibilities to achieve this. However, the basis is always on developing good social media/content strategies and timely content planning.
– What does your target group look like and what social media channels are you using?
– Choose the channel that suits your target audience
– Credibility is rewarded: Do not impersonate anything other than yourself or your company. Rely on personal interaction as much as possible. Share interesting facts and tips and solicit your followers’ opinions. And clarify what the content is.
– Providing content related to this channel: How often do you post content? What kind of content is it? Which topic is it? When to deploy Who will do what?
– Use the power of repetition. You want to remember your message. Placing it once is not enough.
– Create a clear schedule of content.
– Set the content calendar.
– Set a measurable goal and start the measurement.